50 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
I don’t usually bother with these, mostly because some of them are too personal, and I’m still clinging to a few shreds of my pseudonymity. But what the heck, I thought when I saw it in my inbox. “It would make a totally fun blogworm for somebody.”
And then I realized, “Hey! I am somebody!”
So, I hereby tag:
Strategerie of The Little Pink Clubhouse
proudprogressive of Some Notes on Living
WhyMommy of Toddler Planet.
Here’s da rules, such as they are: [UPDATED: 1/1/07] I just realized I hadn’t made the “how” of this terribly clear. So, here’s the updated rules. 1) Post this quiz with your answers on your blog. You don’t have to do all the questions, but you must do at least 30 of them. 2) Tag three (or more) other bloggers. 3) Link back to the blogger who tagged you. 4) Post the rules with the quiz. That’s it, and you can post in sections, do one question at a time, or do the whole thing at once.
1. Are you taller than your mom? Yes, by about 5 inches. I’m 5′ 3″ (Okay, okay, 5′ 2½.”)
2. What color is your shower curtain? Maroon. There are three of them, surrounding a clawfoot tub.
3. What is the closest thing to you right now that is red? My son’s flamingo figurine that he got from Gramma. Don’t ask.
4. What is your ring tone? “Mountain Birds” My phone chirps! LOL
5. Does anything hurt on your body right now? My neck and right hip joint.
6. What color is your favorite pillow? The case is green, the pillow itself is white. It’s a memory foam pillow, and I adore it. If it should ever vanish, I’ll have to commit hari-kari or something, since it was a gift and I can’t afford to replace it. (And, yes, I have to have my pillow in order to sleep.)
7. What is your favorite video game? Hmm… I haven’t played a video game in a while. I was getting pretty good at Metal Gear Solid before the eldest child’s PlayStation gave up the ghost, and my then-4yo nephew and I had a blast playing SuperMario on a friend’s ancient Nintendo. (Ancient, as in the gray and orange ones that came with the square controller AND a gun for playing Duck Hunt.)
8. Had a nap today? Yes, in the tub while trying to soak the above-mentioned right hip. Slept for almost an hour. Which is why I’m still awake at 1:07 am.
9. Gold or Silver? Silver. Gold looks nasty on my skin.
10. Is there an animal that creeps you out? Snakes and rodent-y type animals.
11. Who was the last person you rode an elevator with? Been awhile since I was on one. I think it was at the hospital and there was some person in scrubs who was busy with a Crackberry.
12. Did you go ice skating as a kid? Yes, a lot, at my aunt and uncle’s pond. One time after the ’76 Olympics, I tried doing a Hamill Camel. Let’s just say it did not end well….
13. Ever have stitches? Yep. Four inpatient surgeries — 3 C-sections, 1 appendectomy. Three outpatient surgeries — 2 Norplant insertions/removals, 1 pulmonary catheterization. And one ER visit with 12 stitches from twisting open the lid of what I thought was a sealed pickle jar — thus using all my strength — only to find out my then-12yo son had not exactly understood the knife-under-the-rim trick, had broken the entire top of the jar when he’d tried to open it, and left the jar for me to take care of when I got back a few minutes later, never realizing I’d think it was still sealed. The scar runs from the far side of my palm, across the fleshy part, and 1/3rd the way up my thumb.
14. Favorite non-alcoholic drink? Hot tea.
15. How long ago did you hug someone? Just a little while ago – hugged my niece for New Year’s.
16. What’s something you want to do before you die? Spend a year living in Scotland.
17. Have you ever caught something on fire? Yes. A dish-towel when I threw it on a stove burner, not realizing it was on.
18. Have you ever seen a ghost? Yes. In high school, I saw an old lady standing in my friend’s yard. Turned out it was her dead grandmother. (She saw it too.)
19. Have you ever seen northern lights? Nope
20. Do you know how to use chop sticks? Yep.
21. Name something good that happened today. The kids went to bed.
22. What room are you in? My computer/eBay room. Not that I’m selling much on eBay these days, thanks to the rise in listing prices and final value fees that make it impossible to sell stuff unless you want to donate to the eBay CEO and management retirement funds. (Not that I’m angry or anything…)
23. Are you worried about something you can’t control? Am I alive? Do I have three children, three nieces, one nephew? Do bears do their thing in the woods?
24. Do you take daily medications? Yep. Two prescribed steroids for Addison’s Disease. (Go Google it. I’ll wait.)
25. Ever been in a fight? *blush* Yeah. Let’s just say that I’m probably the only person whose mother was called by the principal on her very first day ever of school because she tackled a kid who called her “four-eyes.”
Plus, I have two younger sisters and two younger brothers – we’re lucky we didn’t kill each other. Thankfully, I grew out of it. Or, more correctly, I stopped growing and couldn’t back up my trash-talkin’. 🙂
26. Are you wearing nail polish? Nope
27. What time is it? 1:12 am, New Year’s Day.
28. Innie or Outie? Innie
29. Ever used a Ouija board? Nope. My mother and grandmother instilled a life-long fear of them. “It opens a door that’s better left closed.”
30. Sweet or sour? Sweet!
31. Sun or Moon? Sun.
32. What shoes did you wear today? Dr. Scholl’s sneakers
33. Favorite eye color of the opposite sex? No preference, though a bit of a weakness for chocolatey-brown.
36. Time of day you were born? 5:37 (I think) after I put my mother through 38 hours of labor. (Yet she loves me. Amazing, ain’t it?)
No idea if it was am or pm.
37. Do you know your blood type? 0 positive. I’m a universal donor who can’t donate. (See #24.)
38. Do you know how to kill a zombie? Based on one viewing of Dawn of the Dead, I’ll guess “What is a a shot to the head?” for the win.
39. Do you smoke? Yes, but I should quit. (Yes, Mom…)
40. What would you spend 5,000 dollars on right now if you were handed it? Move, buy a new-to-me car, pay off some bills, put the rest in savings. (Or maybe, considering the state of the economy, sew it into my mattress.)
41. Who is your favorite musical artist? I don’t have just one. I have favorite genres, and lots of favorite artists in each. That said, the one I couldn’t live without hearing at least a couple times a day would be U2.
42. Which animal(s) remind you of yourself? Animals?? Uhhh….ferret? No, they’re some kind of weasel. Dog? Nah, too stupid. Birds? No, they annoy me. Fish? No. Cute, but they don’t do much.
I guess a cat – independent, aloof, sarcastic, likes a little loving but only on their terms, picky eaters.
43. What’s your background on your PC? I just switched from a picture of Stonehenge to a seriously cool and very moody picture of a lake surrounded by gray clouds, mist, and pine forest. It looks mystical and magical and takes my breath away each time I see it. Honestly, I half-expect I’ll see a medieval Scots warrior coming out of the trees to get some water from the lake.
44. Did you grow up in the city or country? Country. 80-acre farm where the nearest neighbor was a half-mile away if you went over the fields, 5 miles if you went by road.
45. Would you ever consider going on a reality tv show if offered a large sum of money?. No. There’s this thing called stage fright…
47. What’s one thing you’re really good at cooking? This one’s a toss-up. It’s either the ‘kitchen-sink’ omelettes or my crock-pot pot roast.
48. Kisses or hugs? Both?
49. You have 10 dollars to spend in the dollar store..what do you get? Stationery supplies – pens, envelopes, index cards, legal pads, note pads, pencils, erasers, colored markers, paper clips, push pins.
50. Slurpee flavor? Yeah, nothing says “yummy” like flavored sugar-syrup on ice. I don’t want to know what flavors they come in.